Online registrations are now closed. It is still possible to register on the day. View the pricing here.
Course length: 4km
What to expect:
- A sea of red! You can expect to see an incredible show of solidarity for people living with kidney disease and their families. Everyone wears red and many participants even dress up for the occasion. In the past we’ve had groups of Where’s Wally enthusiasts, superheroes, fairies, even Teletubbies! If you don’t own anything red, don’t worry--as an option for you we’ll have t-shirts available on the day.
- Live music and entertainment. Along with all the red costumes and entertainment, the vibe will be buzzing. There’s even face painting for the kids.
- Tasty food and beverages from our array of food vendors.
- Some gorgeous, furry friends. We welcome participants to bring their family pooch along to join the fun. They just need to be on a lead at all times, and owners need to bring some plastic bags to pick after their pooch if necessary.
- Awesome prizes for the best-dressed red-themed participants--both individual and group. And even prizes for the pooches who get in on the dress-up action.
- A beautiful, scenic walk around Perth’s Perry Lakes Reserve. The walk is gentle and suitable for people of all ages and fitness levels. It’s also pram and wheelchair friendly.
What to do next:
- Register Now and enter your details. The registration fees for the Big Red Kidney Walk pays for the cost of staging the events. As you sign up, you’ll be given a special fundraising page that is unique to you.
- Share your fundraising page with your friends, family and colleagues. Ask them to show their support and sponsor you for the Big Red Kidney Walk. We absolutely need to raise more awareness of kidney disease, but it’s most important that we raise money to actually deliver Kidney Health Australia’s services that help support and save the lives of people with kidney disease. Don’t be shy raising money for charity is such a wonderful feeling, and every donation over $2 is tax deductible. Read our fundraising tips for more information.
- Keep your eye on your inbox. We’ll send you some beautiful stories of kidney disease survivors, as well as event day updates and details around prizes to be won when you reach certain fundraising milestones.
Still have further questions?
Email us at email@example.com or call 1800 454 363. You can also visit our FAQ page.